Wow, PDE really changed their site. If you have anything bookmarked even as of last month, it will not work now. It took me some time to figure out where everything is now located.
Here’s how you navigate to the PSSA resources.
1. Go to http://www.education.state.pa.us/
2. Click on “Programs” on the left side of your screen.
3. Click on “Programs O-R” on the left side of your screen. (PSSA starts with “P”)
4. Click on “Pennsylvania System of School Assessment (PSSA)” on the left.
5. Scroll down, and here are the PSSA resources.
PDE did chose to release new sample questions this year (unlike last year). The quick links to the released PDF’s are:
These are great resources to get a sense for how the questions are worded. Another great place to grab some questions are from Study Island. Pick the content area and instead of going to test mode, select “worksheet” and print questions from there. Our past data analysis has shown that the benchmarks are very closely correlated to the actual test grade, so the questions must be a fair represenation of those used on the test.
Leave a comment
No comments yet.